2022 VIRTUAL NATIONAL SHOW of the CANADIAN MILKING SHORTHORN SOCIETY
ENTRIES CLOSE SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24th
Entries to be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
JUDGE: Michael Tuhan, Victoria, Australia
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. The current rules and regulations including the ‘Standard Exhibitor’s Agreement’ of the Canadian Dairy Breeds are in effect.
2. Exhibits per exhibitor are restricted to a maximum of 2 entries per class.
3. All entries must be owned by and registered in the name of the exhibitor.
4. There is no fee to enter; however, all entries must be received by 11:59pm pm EST on Friday, September 24th, 2022.
6. All entries must include animal name, registration number, and date of birth. For cows, calving date and number of lactations must be provided.
7. All entries must be accompanied by one video (between 30 and 60 seconds in length) that shows the animal in motion as well as from multiple angles. Video should be taken close enough to the animal to ensure that the animal’s conformation is easily visible. Entries should also be accompanied by a minimum of 2 photos (maximum of 5), ideally showing each side of the animal. For milking animals (Classes 3, 4 and 5), there should be at least one photo that shows a rear or three-quarter angle of the udder.
8. Entries will be accepted by email to email@example.com.
9. Animals should be prepared as if they are going to a in-person show. This includes being washed, clipped, shown with a leather halter, and led by a person in presentable clothing (no barn clothes). No abnormal adulterations to the animal will be permitted in line with the Standard Exhibitor’s Agreement of the Canadian Dairy Breeds.
10. Prize money for the 5 age classes will be $60 for first place, $45 for second place, and $30 for third place, $20 for fourth place
11. Animals entered must reside in Canada.
12. Entries entered and exhibited by 4-H members are eligible for an additional $20 special prize.
1. Calves – Born on or after September 1st, 2021. Sponsored by Laughlin Farms and Dr. Tim Henshaw
2. Yearling Heifers – Born on or before August 31st, 2021. Uncalved. Sponsored by Fieldcrest Farms and Laralor Farms.
Junior Champion Female: Sponsored by Richford Farms and Lynmark Farms
Selected from 1st and 2nd place entries in Classes 1 and 2.
Champion – $150.00, Reserve – $90.00, Honourable Mention – $60.00
3. First Lactation Cows. Sponsored by Ashtonia Milking Shorthorns and Prinsville Dairy Farms
4. Second and Third Lactation Cows. Sponsored by the American Milking Shorthorn Society
5. Fourth or More Lactation Cows. Sponsored by Oceanbrae Farms and Kolson Farms
Grand Champion Female: Sponsored by Farm Credit Canada and Eastgen
Grand Champion – $200.00, Reserve – $125.00, Honourable Mention – $75.00