2020 VIRTUAL NATIONAL SHOW of the CANADIAN MILKING SHORTHORN SOCIETY
ENTRIES CLOSE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2020 at 11:59pm
Entries MUST be made online at www.assistexpo.ca/lindsayex
Visit our Virtual Competition Resources page online for examples of livestock videos and photos
JUDGE: Rob Kite, Staffordshire, UK
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. General Rules, Livestock Exhibitor Code of Conduct, and Cattle Health Regulations of the Lindsay Exhibition shall apply in all cases.
2. The current rules and regulations including the ‘Standard Exhibitor’s Agreement’ of the Canadian Dairy Breeds are in effect at the LEX dairy cattle shows.
3. Exhibits per exhibitor are restricted to a maximum of 2 entries per class.
4. All entries must be owned by and registered in the name of the exhibitor. If entry has a production record, it must qualify on its own merit.
5. There is no fee to enter; however, all entries must be received by 11:59pm pm EST on Friday, September 18th, 2020 to be eligible. No substitutions will be accepted after that date.
6. All entries must include animal name, registration number, and date of birth. For cows, calving date and number of lactations must be provided.
7. All entries must be accompanied by one video (between 30 and 60 seconds in length) that shows the animal in motion as well as from multiple angles. Video should be taken close enough to the animal to ensure that the animal’s conformation is easily visible. Entries should also be accompanied by a minimum of 2 photos (maximum of 5), ideally showing each side of the animal. For milking animals (Classes 4, 5 and 6), there should be at least one photo that shows a rear or three-quarter angle of the udder.
8. Entries will be accepted via AssistExpo or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Animals should be clipped and fitted as if they were going to a regular show. Likewise, cows in milk should be photographed as if they were going into the show ring. No abnormal adulterations to the animal will be permitted in line with the Standard Exhibitor’s Agreement of the Canadian Dairy Breeds.
1. Junior or Intermediate Calves – Born on or after December 1st, 2019
Sponsored by Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
2. Senior Calves and Summer Yearlings – Born June 1st, 2019 – November 30th, 2019
Sponsored by Belisle Nutrition
3. Junior/Intermediate/Senior Yearlings – Born September 1st, 2018 – May 30th, 2019
Must not have calved.
Sponsored by Farm Credit Canada
Junior Champion Female
Selected from 1st and 2nd place entries in Classes 1, 2, and 3
Sponsored by Oceanbrae Farms
Champion – $50.00, Reserve – $30.00, Honourable Mention – $20.00
4. First Lactation Cows – Born after September 1st, 2017
Sponsored by The Hitching Post (Shur-Gain)
5. Second and Third Lactation Cows
Sponsored by Lynmark Farms
6. Fourth or More Lactation Cows
Sponsored by Richford Farms
Grand Champion Female
Sponsored by SEMEX Alliance
Grand Champion – $50.00, Reserve – $30.00, Honourable Mention – $20.00
EXHIBITOR SWEEPSTAKES DRAW
Eastgen are offering 2 semen certificates for a Sweepstakes draw for all exhibitors.
Names will be drawn and announced after completion of judging.