2021 VIRTUAL NATIONAL SHOW of the CANADIAN MILKING SHORTHORN SOCIETY
ENTRIES CLOSE MONDAY, OCTOBER 18th at 11:59pm
Entries to be submitted by email to email@example.com
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. The current rules and regulations including the ‘Standard Exhibitor’s Agreement’ of the Canadian Dairy Breeds are in effect at the LEX dairy cattle shows.
2. Exhibits per exhibitor are restricted to a maximum of 2 entries per class.
3. All entries must be owned by and registered in the name of the exhibitor.
4. There is no fee to enter; however, all entries must be received by 11:59pm pm EST on Monday, October 18th, 2021 to be eligible. No substitutions will be accepted after that date.
6. All entries must include animal name, registration number, and date of birth. For cows, calving date and number of lactations must be provided.
7. All entries must be accompanied by one video (between 30 and 60 seconds in length) that shows the animal in motion as well as from multiple angles. Video should be taken close enough to the animal to ensure that the animal’s conformation is easily visible. Entries should also be accompanied by a minimum of 2 photos (maximum of 5), ideally showing each side of the animal. For milking animals (Classes 4, 5 and 6), there should be at least one photo that shows a rear or three-quarter angle of the udder.
8. Entries will be accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Animals should be clipped and fitted as if they were going to a regular show. Likewise, cows in milk should be photographed as if they were going into the show ring. No abnormal adulterations to the animal will be permitted in line with the Standard Exhibitor’s Agreement of the Canadian Dairy Breeds.
10. Prize money for the 6 age classes will be $50 for first place, $30 for second place, and $20 for third place.
11. Animals entered must reside in Canada.
12. Entries entered and exhibited by 4-H members are eligible for an additional $20 special prize.
1. Junior or Intermediate Calves – Born on or after December 1st, 2020
Sponsored by: Richford Farms, St. Marys, ON and Prinsville Dairy Farms, Bloomfield, ON
2. Senior Calves and Summer Yearlings – Born June 1st, 2020 – November 30th, 2020
Sponsored by Laughlin Farms, Kinburn, ON and Ashtonia Milking Shorthorns, Port Perry, ON
3. Junior/Intermediate/Senior Yearlings – Born September 1st, 2019 – May 30th, 2020
Must not have calved.
Sponsored by Laralor Milking Shorthorns, Dromore, ON and Fieldcrest Farms, Addison, ON
Junior Champion Female
Selected from 1st and 2nd place entries in Classes 1, 2, and 3
Sponsored by Lynmark Farms, Norwood, ON and Kolson Milking Shorthorns, Cobden, ON
Champion – $50.00, Reserve – $30.00, Honourable Mention – $20.00
4. First Lactation Cows – Born after September 1st, 2018
Sponsored by Lady Grove Milking Shorthorns, Kleefeld, MB and Dr. Tim Henshaw, Minesing, ON
5. Second and Third Lactation Cows
Sponsored by Oceanbrae Farms, Miscouche, PEI and Semex Alliance, Guelph, ON
6. Fourth or More Lactation Cows
Sponsored by Koopycrest Herd, Picton, ON and Maple Inn Farms, Otonabee, ON
Grand Champion Female
Sponsored by SEMEX Alliance and American Milking Shorthorn Society
Grand Champion – $50.00, Reserve – $30.00, Honourable Mention – $20.00